The Absolute Specialists Integrative Therapy (ASIT) course is for people wanting to undergo a year of deep personal healing and the benefits you reap will be greater if you devote your time to it, the hours indicated below can be considered as a maximum. However, to proceed to a professional qualification as an AS Integrative Therapist or AS Integrative Coach, the required time commitment and content of the courses are detailed below.
You are recommended to work through the online course either before you start or concurrent with the workshops as this will support your learning and personal development.
Absolute Specialists’ Integrative Therapy© is an elegant, deep and rapid approach. It brings peace of mind and clarity of purpose. It also provides people with tools that they can take away and use after the sessions to continue making conscious choices along their journey.
AS Integrative Therapists© practice Focussed Mindfulness©. They have experienced first-hand the power of this approach for uncovering and reconciling the root cause of their own fears, confusion and self-imposed limitations and they are committed to continuing personal and professional development. They are compassionate, insightful and work with integrity, they deeply listen to their clients before teaching them Focussed Mindfulness tools that help to calm them, clear their minds and empower them.
This is a 9 month course where students learn and gain confidence in using the Focussed Mindfulness tools while working on their own issues. They can then, if they wish, work towards qualification as an Absolute Specialists Integrative Therapist (ASIT) or continue to a second year of study to become an Absolute Specialists Integrative Coach (ASIC) where they learn tools to support their clients to work towards their goals with a flexible but focussed action plan.
The ASIT COURSE consists of:
A life transforming 9 months where students learn Focussed Mindfulness tools that will support them to let go of preconceptions and conditioning, become clear about their own deepest values and what they have to offer and find their path towards realising a fulfilling and congruent life.
Personal experience of Focussed Mindfulness tools that will give them the confidence to use them with clients. Accreditation will be offered when students can demonstrate a high level of self awareness, presence, have an established mindfulness and reflective practice and can use the focussed mindfulness tools confidently, competently and flexibly.
- 9 5-hour workshops
- 5 3-hour teaching clinics
- 9 one to one person-centred supervision sessions
Theory sessions (9 hours taught within the workshops). It is expected that you will have worked through the online theory modules. The concepts will be briefly visited again in the live workshops as preparation for the following practice session.
- Models of health and disease: the three-legged stool, levels of consciousness, the lily pond, brain function and the effects of trauma and the enneagram.
- Mindfulness techniques: conscious writing, active listening, the empty chair.
- Focussed Mindfulness Techniques: questioning thoughts, the wounded child, the pain release process, the heart to heart, the memory change, parts integration.
- Supervision and mindfulness
- Ethics, code of practice and the law.
Practical Sessions (18 hours within the workshops):
- Live demonstrations of the techniques
- Observed work in pairs and triads
Group discussions (9 hours within the workshops).
- Online course and background reading 50 hours
- A reflective journal 25 hours
- Daily mindfulness practice
- 9 one to one supervision sessions with an ASIT qualified supervisor, usually on zoom.
- 5 or more teaching clinics on zoom.
- Feedback from peers, supervisors and trainers
- A reflective journal including personal challenges, learning, critical enquiry on practice sessions
- A minimum of 50 (chargeable to client) practice hours under supervision
The Integrative Coaching Course is open to those who have completed or are undertaking the ASIT course.
It involves workshops focussing on different client groups. Students will be encouraged to consider the challenges and approach needed and be taught additional skills which will add to their toolkit. Students can pick and mix sessions from the second-year course – depending on their area of interest and existing skillset.
Students may undertake both years together as an intensive course when at entry level they have enough confidence, depth of knowledge, self awareness and emotional health.
THE ASIC course consists of:
Taught sessions 25 hours from the AS team and guest specialists covering:
- In depth experiential and theoretical teaching of two coaching models – the grow model, focussed mindfulness coaching model.
- Additional therapeutic and coaching tools: trauma release, family and cultural healing, forgiveness exercise, using different mediums, meditations for children, person-centred supervision, transactional analysis, conscious conversation model.
- Exploration of the challenges of 8 different client groups: young people, mental health, end of life, relationships, supervision, trauma, self harm and suicide, workplace wellbeing.
Discussion sessions on the above topics: 10 hours
Personal study 50 hours
- Background reading
- Reflective journal critical enquiry
- Observed triad work within the workshops 15 hours
- Monthly one to one supervision, usually on zoom.
- At least 5 online teaching clinics
- Practice (chargeable to client) under supervision 50 hours minimum
3000 words based around a client journey over 5 sessions covering techniques used and why, theoretical understanding of the issues presented by the client, student’s challenges and learning journey.
Your journal covering your learning journey over the course – insights, challenges and progress and reflections on continuing personal and professional development
As each year unfolds you will receive handouts that create a manual of the techniques taught in the course
Absolute Specialists accredited practitioners must hold appropriate public liability insurance, DBS checks where relevant to your area of practice and agree to abide by the Absolute Specialists code of ethics and conduct.
The Director of Absolute Specialists reserves the right to withhold accreditation until you have undertaken further personal development work to address any areas where this is deemed necessary. You have the right to appeal.
Once granted accreditation you will be offered an annual review with an Absolute Supervisor where you can reflect on your CPD in the previous year and on your needs for the following year.
Where all these conditions are met and your subscription has been paid you can appear on the Absolute-Specialists directory.
Dates for 2020
5.3.20 Introductions, Active listening skills, Mindfulness exercises
2.4.20 Questioning thoughts exercise
7.5.20 The Frozen Child Process
4.6.20 The Pain Release Process
2.7.20 The Heart to Heart Meditation
6.8.20 Change Memory Process
3.9.20 The Enneagram
1.10.20 Parts Exercise
5.11.20 Ethics, supervision, congruent practice
9.3.20 Coaching techniques I
6.4.20 Coaching techniques II
4.5.20 Stress, anxiety, workplace wellbeing tools
8.6.20 Relationship Coaching, conscious conversations
9.6.20 Divorce coaching
10.8.20 Working with Young People, I’m OK you are OK conversations
7.9.20 Trauma and PTSD
5.10.20 Self-harm and suicidal thoughts
9.11.20 End of life: aging, frailty, choices